In lieu with the ever-changing times, those who fall victim to the damages caused by daily stress has made an exponential increase, wives and women who are trying to conceive are no exception.
Yoga is a hundred year old practice that aims to uplift the spirit and promote physical wellness. Since its inception, Yoga has given birth to many factions that focus on special niches – from stress management and even fertility.
One can gain tremendous benefits in practicing yoga, one of which is being able to boost your fertility. We have listed the 5 basic principles of yoga and how it can work hand-in-hand with your fertility treatments:
- Proper Relaxation: In order to fully master yoga, one must first master the art of proper relaxation. A patient who is able to maintain a relaxed attitude throughout treatment is least likely to be disheartened with negative results, which makes it possible to entertain other viable options.
- Proper Exercise: It is a known fact that yoga is a form of physical exercise. If you are trying to conceive and have underlying medical conditions (such as diabetes), proper exercise can help increase your odds.
- Proper Breathing: Proper breathing in yoga means inhaling the good and exhaling the bad. Being able to take this principle to heart allows you to manage difficult situations with much ease.
- Positive Thinking: A patient who is trying to conceive is more likely to face setbacks while undergoing treatments. Having a positive attitude takes off much of the stress that goes with the trial-and-error process that is your treatment.
- Proper Diet: Yoga is all about overall wellness, internally and externally. Having a proper diet can benefit patients who are both under and overweight as it increases their chances of conceiving by 35%.
According to Ancient Indian Philosophy, a woman who embodies all five principles are more likely to conceive compared to a stress-ridden one. Medical science can attest to the fact that a body that is at its optimum health is most conducive to child-bearing.
There are specific yoga poses that aim to increase the blood flow in a woman’s pelvis region, which is similar to stimulating ovulation. Here are some of the basic yoga poses you can practice at home to boost your fertility and improve your overall health:
Alternate Nostril Breathing or Nadi Shodhan Pranayama
Alternate Nostril Breathing is a non-strenuous pose that focuses on relaxation. This technique aims to release accumulated stress within the body through proper inhalation and exhalation.
Seated Forward Bend or Paschimottanasana
This pose stimulates the uterus and the ovary with a stretching sensation coming from the back to the stomach. It also aims to alleviate stress and depression.
One Legged Forward Bend or Janu Shirasana
This technique is very similar to the seated forward bend, with only one variation. One leg has to be curled towards your belly button. This pose aims to strengthen the back, which helps you in child rearing.
These are some of the basic poses to help you get started on your road to fertility and overall wellness. If you want to learn more about how you can increase your odds of getting pregnant, get in touch with our specialists and counsellors at First Steps Fertility. We will be able to assist you in making the right lifestyle changes according to your needs.